The history of Anaheim First Church of the Nazarene (or A1Naz) is filled with stories of changed lives, renewed hope, and rich community, and we honor this heritage as we continue to take the message of Jesus to the city of Anaheim.
In the summer of 1924, Anaheim First Church of the Nazarene was born with 26 original members. These people, filled with a great desire to reach the people of Anaheim with the hope of Jesus Christ, began a legacy that would be alive an well nearly 100 years later.
Coming from practically nothing, members of the local carpenters, painters, and electricians unions donated their labor to help build a large, temporary meeting place right on the corner of Claudina and North Street in one day, and the mission to the people of Anaheim blossomed. With growing numbers and new needs, the church found new places to worship, but remained faithful to it’s call to the people of Anaheim. On Easter Sunday, 1970, the people of Anaheim First moved into its current location, and further expanded with education space and gymnasium in the early 90’s. Since then, the church has been a place of hope, renewal, and engagement in the community.
As the times changed around Anaheim, we received a desire to reach out to as many people groups as we could with the love of Christ. The result of this was the addition of worship and ministries designed specifically for other language groups, and we now offer these for those who speak Spanish, Arabic, and Korean, and even offer a Filipino-culture ministry.
As we approach our 100th anniversary, our desire is to continue to be a people that bring the hope, transformation, and love of Jesus Christ to the people of our community, the city of Anaheim, and the rest of the world!
What We Believe
These are the beliefs Nazarenes hold to be true. They are common to Christians world-wide.
1. We believe in one God – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
3. We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
4. We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
5. We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
6. We believe that believers experience the ministry of the Holy Spirit, enabling them to live godly lives and to continue in spiritual growth.
7. We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and to the sanctifying work of God in our lives.
8. We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
Leading people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Sunday School (English & Spanish) - 9:30am
Spanish - 10:30am
English - 10:45am
Korean - 12:30pm